With a little spare time and and a few items you can find around the house, you can make your own balloon-powered paper car. This is a great and easy DIY project that's perfect for competitive kids.
All you'll need to get started is:
- Scotch tape
- Paper plates
- BBQ skewers (any straight stick would work)
The paper plate will act as the body of the racer. You will need to fold it into a triangle and then use the straws as axles for the wheels a little later.
Make sure to tape down the plate in the middle and front so it doesn't unfold. Once the axles are tapped down, use the cardboard to cut out wheels for your racer.
With your wheels ready, make a hole in the center of each wheel and place the skewers into the center. Make sure it is as central as possible to avoid an uneven ride. Now place the skewers into the straws and connect the wheels to the ends. Your racer is almost complete.
Tape the two axles on the bottom of the paper plate and then attach your balloon to a few shortened straws creating a pseudo "tailpipe." Tape down the front opening to avoid any air getting out. Inflate the balloon and then place the tailpipe in the middle of the racer and let her rip.
Watch this video for detailed instructions and to see it in action.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades