Tunnels can help make your model railroad set-up come alive. But professionally made tunnels can be expensive, and they lack character. In this tutorial you'll learn how to make your own, customized tunnels.
Styrofoam, either in two-inch thick sheets or large blocks.
Cutting tools, such as X-Acto knives.
Glue, if you're assembling the two-inch sheets.
1. First, measure your trains so you'll know how big your tunnels should be. 2-inch foam works well as-is for N scale trains, but for HO scale trains or larger you'll have to stack the 2-inch sheets.
2. Glue the sheets together and then carve and color them. Make sure the tunnel is wide enough for your train to easily pass through.
3. Alternately, you may choose to buy a large block of foam and use it as a solid hill or mountain, carving the tunnel through it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades