Are your hobbies building model trains? Well, I hope you are building your own model sets the way you want to, but if you're stumped in the model railroading process, check out this nine-part video tutorial to see how to model railroad scenery using extruded foam. If you aren't into miniature rail transport systems, you will be now. Your landscape has to look good for your trains, doesn't it?
You're going to have to get some extruded foam for this project, from any home improvement store. Then, you'll need some cutting supplies, like a drywall saw, a hacksaw blade and a box cutter. Then, the carving tools for shaping the foam, like a sure-foam rasp, a metal ruler, flathead screwdriver, a putty knife and a hot wire foam cutter. Next, you'll need some adhesive and weights for your modeling project.
You'll start chopping and carving the extruded construction foam, carving, and yes, more carving. If you get bored easily, this is not for you. You need extreme attention to detail to model a railroad scenery. Then, learn to spackle and paint your foam rail project. Next up, adding the grass and dirt and finally the rail transport system.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades